16 Gift Ideas for Mom - Christmas 2019
Christmas will be here before you know it. Here are a few ideas of creative gifts for the moms in our lives.
1) Home cleaning services: Moms are busy - whether it's work, cooking, cleaning, taking care of the grandkids (or the kids). Why not treat the woman who gives and gives with a professional deep house cleaning? It would be one less thing on her plate!
2) A weighted blanket: Weighted blankets are popping up everywhere. They are proven to have many benefits from combating stress, to alleviating restless leg syndrome to helping calm anxiety. In addition, many of these blankets are handmade so in purchasing one you could be supporting a talented entrepreneur in your community.
3) Polaroid Zip Wireless Mobile Photo Printer: We all use our phones to snap pictures these days and this product makes it super easy to print those pictures out and have physical copies to frame or stick in a scrapbook. This would also be the perfect gift if mom lives far away from the grandkids and gets to see them mostly through Facebook photos and texts. She could easily fill her home with their faces and feel close to them.
4) AeroGarden Harvest 360: For the mom who loves fresh produce and gardening. She could grow up to 6 plants (up to 12" tall) year round. It's also mess-free since you don't need to use soil.
5) Rustic Scrabble: This beautifully packaged classic game would make the perfect gift for mom, especially when paired with a bottle of wine. How fun would it be to open this up Christmas evening with a belly full of turkey and stuffing, after the dishes are all washed, and reinstate family game night for some family bonding.
6) A Lampe Berger kit: Lampe Bergers offer many health benefits including: removing airborne dust, preventing mold growth, breaking down second-hand smoke (removing it from the air) and releasing negative ions (which strengthens the immune system). There are fragrances for the Lampe Bergers to suit anyone from Eucalyptus to Pumpkin Delight to Hawaiian Lime. They even offer a neutral (with no scent) for those with sensitivities to fragrances.
7) A Spa day: Whether you send mom for a mani-pedi or a full on spa day with hot tubs and saunas, she is sure to feel relaxed and rejuvenated after a day of self-care.
8) A Down Duvet: Down is a naturally light material that is perfect for any season because of its natural thermoregulation properties. During the winter, mom will have ample warmth to sleep comfortably and in the summer her body heat will not get trapped beneath the covers. This will help her have a restful night's sleep all year round.
9) Oprah Winfrey's the Path Made Clear. This book has a 4.6/5 star rating on amazon. Oprah wrote this book as a guide to living up to your fullest potential and creating your best life. The photos included in the book are so beautiful that it could easily double as a coffee-table book.
10) Good Days Start With Gratitude: A 52 Week guide to cultivate an attitude of gratitude. This little gratitude journal is available on amazon and has fantastic reviews. There is space for mom to write three things she is grateful for (the smell of the fireplace, a grandchild's laughter, a good cup of coffee...) and she will begin the day on a positive note. When doing this daily, it becomes a habit to focus on blessings.
11) A subscription box. Fabfitfun is a seasonal subscription box of beauty, fashion, wellness, and fitness products. You can purchase 4 boxes a year and the boxes so mom's gift wouldn't necessary end on Christmas. For the mom who loves to travel, Universal Yums offers a subscription box that sends you snack from one country a month. Past boxes have offered snacks from countries such as Columbia, Indonesia, Italy and many other places. These snacks could open up a whole new world of flavours!
12) An Air B&B gift card. For the mom who loves to travel. Help eliminate some of the stress and the cost of a getaway with an Air B&B gift card with the monetary amount of your choice. This is also perfect for the minimalist mom who would rather collect experiences than things.
13) The "thinking of you" WI-FI touch lamps. This is the perfect gift for the mom or grandma who lives far away. Each person sets up their lamp via WI-FI, then reaches out and touches the lamp whenever they want to let their loved one know they're thinking of them. With each touch, the lamp cycles through a rainbow of colours, one at a time. You can even assign each loved one a colour so that when they tap their lamp, yours lights up with their special hue.
14) OMG! My mother was right about everything mug. This funny and affordable mug will only cost you around 15 dollars on amazon and it will make mom very happy to know that you know that she was right about everything (moms love being right!).
15) New (high-quality) sheets. Help mom have a good night sleep 365 days a year with a nice set of soft, durable sheets. Mom is always thinking of everyone else. Help her feel pampered with sheets SO comfortable that sliding between at the end of a long day feels luxurious and heavenly.
16) Adopt an Olive tree: Who doesn't love pure Italian extra virgin olive oil? I came across Nudo Adopt, which allows you to adopt an olive tree from one of 8 small-scale sustainable olive groves. Mom would receive olive oil deliveries every 3 to 6 months and she would get some other perks like connecting with the farmer, a shop discount and visiting her tree if she ever happens to be in the area. This is the perfect gift for the culinary mom or the mom who has everything.
I hope some of these inspired you!